Tiktok is an app that allows users to create short-form videos on any topic and share them. It is much broader in scope though it is based on a short concept film. However, it features song snippets, the option to add special effects, filters and a wide selection of sounds to its users. Tiktok contains a feature that informs users when they spend more than two hours on the app.
In 2020, the app gained popularity so fast. Tiktok surpassed YouTube, Instagram, and WhatsApp by becoming the most downloaded app on the apple store. Tiktok reflected a massive growth for the platform as it had over 500million Google Play Store Installs as of mid-2019.
Who is the owner Tik Tok in 2021
The platform was developed in 2016 by ByteDance, whose founder is Zhang Yiming. The app was originally known as Douyin. It was initially launched in China and later rebranded and renamed to Tiktok. This enabled it to create a better international appeal. Musical.ly, an app that had almost the same features as Tiktok, which also existed before Tiktok, was later acquired by Bytedance for $800 million. However, in 2018 the two accounts were combined into one under Tik Tok by consolidating the Musical.ly user’s accounts. Additionally, Tiktok is available countrywide in 154 countries.
The Founder of Tik Tok Zhang Yiming
Zhang Yiming is an entrepreneur and a software engineer from China. He has an estimated net worth of $16.2 billion. He took over Kuxun’s real estate business, where he used to work as an engineer at the travel website and started 99fang.com in 2009. Later, he employed a professional manager to run as the CEO of 99fang.com in 2011. Thin enabled him time to concentrate on building ByteDance, which was well along founded in 2012.Other facts about Zhang Yiming:
- Zhang Yiming was born on 1 April 1983 in Fujian Province, China.
- His name originated from a Chinese proverb, “surprising everyone with the first attempt.”
- He joined Nankai University in Tianjin in 2001, where he studied microelectronics. He later shifted to software engineering and graduated in 2005.
- He met his wife at the University.
- Zhang launched a news app known as Toutiao in 2012. The app attracted more than13 a million daily users within two years.
- His first app, Neihan Duanzi, was shut down by Television Administration and National Radio in 2018. However, the app was shut down due to its disproportionate with core social values.
READ ALSO: Who is the owner of Telegram
About Tik Tok and its Features
Tiktok is free, secure hence intended on making a profit for its users.
The platform is available on Tiktok’s official website, Apple Store, and Google play store. Owning a Tiktoks account is easy as its installation is fast and easy once the app is downloaded.
Tiktok needs an email and a number for verification of the account. The account is verified once a code is sent to the set number via SMS.
READ ALSO: Who is the owner of Instagram
Tiktok enhances the interaction of its users by enabling them tofollow, reshare and like each other’s content. It provides additional features as discussed below;
- Video editing – Tiktok contains many animations, stickers and masks. Additionally, it has an attractive toolset that affects the changing of the hair, adding the makeup and changing the eyes colour.
- Video uploading – Ready-made videos can be uploaded to the Tiktok account. However, the playback speed can also be changed and rotated.
- Social sharing – Edited videos on Tiktok can be shared on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube profiles.
- Live streaming – Tiktok users can create live stream videos and receive simulated goods purchased by their fans with Tiktok coins.
- Duet option – Tiktok is also enjoyed by those who like to sing. It contains the #duetwithme hashtag, which its users use to create a video by asking other users to duet with them.
- Soundtracks – Inbuilt Tiktok library contains songs that its users can choose from to add to their videos.
- QR code scanner – The app provides its users with a unique QR code; this allows users to subscribe to each other.
Frequently Asked Questions about Tik Tok
1. Are brands on Tiktok?
Tiktok offers brands a chance in a unique way to brand and market awareness opportunities to reach a new audience. However, Chipotle, Guess, Rayban, Gymshark, Burberry and Ralph Lauren uses Tiktok to advertise their products by allowing users to participate in Tiktok challenges on their products. Is it recommended to get more likes by using the hashtag “for you?
2. What is shared on Tiktok?
Various things are shared on the app; this includes music where users remix, add and discover sound effects and songs via the playlist. Additionally, users share photos where the app enables them to turn them into fun edits and animated shares with filters.
3. Is the Tiktoks CPM similar to that of Instagram?
Instagram and Tiktoks CPM are both calculated based on the number of followers. However, Instagram’s CPM is higher than that of Tiktok. A Tiktok user with fewer followers but with a high number of video viewers has an opportunity for a high price than the CPM per follower.
4. Can Tiktok be used as a channel for performance?
It offers an opportunity for a paid advertisement. However, brands are recommended to use their own uncountable possibilities, with influencers that are working with organic content instead.
5. Can Tiktok be hacked?
With the right sources, any app can be hacked. It all depends on how the user maintains its security standards. Tiktoks continued use to deliver its video content by using an HTTP connection increases the chances of manipulation and interception. However, the content delivery network is essential in pushing content to a global audience by distributing them over HTTP connections. This can be easilyaltered and even tracked.
6. Who owns Tiktok?
Tiktok was developed in 2016 by ByteDance, whose founder is Zhang Yiming.
7. Can one view Tiktok without an account?
Tiktok allows persons with no account to view posts and videos posted on the platform. It also allows people to search for specific users without creating an account. Unfortunately, one cannot like posts, comment on posts, post their own videos, and even follow users without an account.
Tiktok is more than a social media app: it is a trooping program towards total security and freedom on the internet for its users. However, it is very popular among users who value their security and privacy.